2007年9月24日 星期一

Mother's Love for Son~

To avoid bad traffic jam for the Mid-Autumn Festival holidays, I decided to take off up back to Tai-Chung this afternoon, but unfortunately, I ended up getting stuck up a little bit in waiting getting on board & highway for a while. It usually takes less than 3 hours to Taichung, but the bus ride this time was longer than 4 hours this time. Guessed there must be lots of people having same thinking as I.
When waiting for the coming bus, I noticed a mother and a son, who looked like a college kid. Mother was asking him if he needed more money while he was looking into his a little bulged wallet. From my viewing angle, I could not see if he had plenty of money, judging from his & his mother wearing, and I guessed the family did not do too well. I could kind of tell he didn't want to take his mother's money but didn't want to reject her kind offer, either. Finally, her mother tugged a coupled of $1000 NTD bills into his wallet, and I believe this was out of her unconditional love, care, and sacrifice. I took a deep look at her, and saw nothing particular, no pride, no hesitation, and no nothing. That moment really touched me so much.
I thought of my mother, too.
One of the major reasons that I gave up what I had in America and came back home was for my mother and father. I work from Mondays. to Fridays. in Taichung, but try to go home on weekend to spend time with my parents. Because I have been worried about my mother's physical condition and wish I should be of help for few years before I decide my next stage for life.
Yesterday, we had a kind of dispute in my going to visit a friend of mine. She was concerned that I would spend money that is not supposed again. Then, I was upset at being interfered with. I talked back to her and reminded her of my age, being close to 40. How could you bother telling me what to do and what not to, when I am getting 40?! When I was in NY, I was so free that I could decide what to do and the time to go out and come back. Now, just because I came back home, I have to be well tendered by you?! If so, then I'd better not come back and stay away from you. I believe then we will cherish the relationship even more. How bad I was!
But I was mad. I cannot be treated like a kid all the time, can I?
Well, guess this is another kind of mother's love.
While still on bus, being taking too long on highway, mother called me from home to my cellular and checked on me. I realized that was the love. How much I wanted to cancel the trip and turn around back home.
Tomorrow is Mid-Autumn Festival, mother asked me if I really had to go up so early. After I explained to her about my concern, she had no choice but agreed with despite it being a holiday for family re-union. I told her I would still come home regularly on weekends. Well, she didn't want me to spend the holiday alone, though I have been used to "enjoying" all kinds of holiday with myself. By stuffing me 2 moon cakes, she told me at least I still enjoy the holiday with the moon cakes, the symbol of the Mid-Autumn Festival. This is mother's love.
That only makes me feel bad. So bad about people's relationships & love in the world. In Buddhism, seems we have to forgo those worldly chains and exceed oneself up to the status of nirvana. It is contradicting, huh?

Hope all mothers in the world be able to enjoy kids' love with joy all the time.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

沒有留言: